It’s been a while since we have written here on our blog, So I thought I would write a little update before we list the “7 R’s” of true apostolic reformation! Pam and I have been on a mission the last three months to be stretched and stirred to a new place of desire and intensity in the Lord. Since August, we have lived in Houston for “10” years and although we have seen some great things and believe we have seen some apostolic kingdom advancement in the region, we were just not satisfied with what we were seeing. And, we are not “works” oriented anymore, inasmuch as just doing good things just to be doing them. We have truly labored to “enter into His rest” by ceasing from our own labor and then just ‘functioning’ according to that which He would have us do.
Earlier this month, which was one of the last times we posted here, Pam and I celebrated our “30” wedding anniversary. Yet, we were still in the mode of transformation in this three month period, that we knew we had some things to still walk out in this pivotal month of September. So, we postponed going out of town, just had a nice day of rest and dinner that evening. Last week, we went to Arkansas to see my Dad and family, as we had not been back to Magnolia since my mother’s passing in late May. We didn’t know if we would go in that three month period of time from July-September, but we really sensed we needed to go. At the same time, we were under “intense” dealings of the Lord in prayer and with knowing there were great changes going on in us!
After spending a few days in Ar. and coming back through N/E Texas, the Father really gave us a “BREAK-THROUGH” that we desperately needed, just a knowing that our “labor was not in vain” and that our “weariness” would not remain. It was very refreshing, yet it was just the beginning of a new season to enter more fully into His kingdom purposes and plans. After going to minister in the Austin area over the weekend, now being home for several days, we are beginning to feel the “weight” of the adjustment that He is making in us, personally, spiritually, emotionally, and relationally. I’m sure we will write more on that a little later, but just wanted you to know, that our “pulling in” was not a RETREAT, but literally a “going back” to get ready to go forward!
So, two main passages of scripture that have dear and near to our hearts for many years contain these “seven” R’s of reformation! I want to share these passages and these R’s with you tonight. First passage is Isaiah 58:12, then, Acts 3:19-21″
Isaiah 58:12- Those from among you shall (re)build the old waste places; You shall raise up the foundation of many generations; And you shall be called the Repairer of the Breach, The Restorer of Streets (paths) to dwell in.
Acts 3:19-21- “Repent therefore and be converted (return), that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord, and that He may send Jesus Christ, who was preached to you before, “whom heaven must receive until the times of restoration of all things, which God has spoken by the mouth of all His holy prophets since the world began.”
Since we are in a “true” reformation of the apostolic ministry and church in the earth today, we are in a “New ERA” of the kingdom! So, we must go back and ‘recover’ all the things that have been lost or stolen, so we can move forward and “continue steadfastly in the apostles’ doctrine (teaching) and fellowship, and breaking of bread, and in prayers…” (Acts 2:42)
I’m sure by now you have seen the 7 R’s of apostolic reformation in these two passages:
1) RAISE UP- THIS IS THE HOUR OF THE “FATHER”, SO THEREFORE ‘father’s’ are being raised up to see the generations fulfilled. This is basically the “recovering” of the generational blessing that is passed from ‘father to son’. We are being RAISED UP!
2) RE-BUILD- THIS IS THE DAY THAT WE DO NOT ‘BUILD’ ANYTHING, WE MUST “RE-BUILD” ACCORDING TO THE FOUNDATION WHICH NO MAN CAN LAY THAN THAT WHICH IS LAID, WHICH IS JESUS CHRIST. (I. CO.3:11) THE LORD IS BUILDING UP ZION, SO HE CAN APPEAR IN HIS GLORY. THE WORD FOR “BUILD” IS TO “FOUND, CONSTRUCT, SET UP” THE SONS AS THE BUILDERS OF FUTURE GENERATIONS! THE BUILDING OF SONS IS AFTER THE ORDER OF THE SON, CHRIST JESUS, THE APOSTLE AND HIGH PRIEST OF OUR CONFESSION.
3) REPAIR- WE ARE CALLED TO BE “REPAIRERS OF THE BREACH!” A BREACH IS A ‘GAP’, SOMETHING THAT HAS BEEN LEFT DESOLATE! WE MUST REPAIR THE BRIDGE BETWEEN THE FATHERS AND SONS, THE KINGDOM AND THE CHURCH, APOSTLES AND PROPHETS, ETC.
4) RESTORERS- WE ARE ALSO CALLED TO BE ‘RESTORERS OF PATHS TO DWELL IN.” THIS IS THE LAYING OF THE FOUNDATION THAT IS BEING BUILT UPON THE APOSTLES AND PROPHETS, WITH JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF BEING THE CHIEF CORNERSTONE. WE MUST, “GO THROUGH, GO THROUGH THE GATES! PREPARE THE WAY OF THE PEOPLE; BUILD UP, BUILD UP THE HIGHWAY! TAKE OUT THE STONES, LIFT UP A BANNER FOR THE PEOPLES…”SAY TO THE DAUGHTERS OF ZION, ‘SURELY YOUR SALVATION IS COMING; BEHOLD, HIS REWARD IS WITH HIM, AND HIS WORK BEFORE HIM.'” AND THEY SHALL CALL THEM THE HOLY PEOPLE, THE REDEEMED OF THE LORD; AND YOU SHALL BE CALLED SOUGHT OUT, A CITY NOT FORSAKEN.” (ISA. 62:10-12)
5) REPENT AND RETURN- I HAVE PUT THESE TOGETHER AS ONE, FOR THE KINGDOM CITIZEN, REPENTANCE IS SIMPLY A TURNING TO THE KINGDOM, A RE-TURNING TO THE LORD! IT IS A RE-ALIGNMENT OF THAT WHICH THE FATHER HAS ALREADY DONE IN US. HE HAS “CHOSE US IN HIM BEFORE THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD, THAT WE SHOULD BE HOLY AND WITHOUT BLAME BEFORE HIM IN LOVE,…” (EPH. 1:4) WHEN YOU FALL, YOU FALL FORWARD TOWARD THE KINGDOM AND GET UP AND RETURN UNTO THE KINGDOM…
6) REFRESHING (TIMES OF,)- THESE “TIMES OF REFRESHING” ARE “KAIROS” TIMES, SPECIAL TIMES AND SEASONS WHEN THE FATHER JUST REFRESHES, RENEWS, AND REVIVES US SPIRITUALLY AND IN EVERY WAY TO FULFILL HIS OWN PURPOSE AND GRACE…HAB. 3:2- O LORD, I HAVE HEARD YOUR SPEECH AND WAS AFRAID; O LORD, REVIVE THY WORK IN THE MIDST OF THE YEARS! IN THE MIDST OF THE YEARS MAKE KNOWN; IN WRATH REMEMBER MERCY.
LET US GO ON INTO MATURITY…
JIM & PAM